Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 5-Aug-2018 07:34:10

Ed231181

Issue exporting from Blender (using blender2ogre) to OpenSpace3D

Hi everyone, I am new with OpenSpace3D and I am already amazed with this software. The only issue is that I am having problems exporting an animated character from Blender to OpenSpace3D, so I am asking for help or recommendations. I am using blender2ogre addon (I followed a lot of tutorials from the web to install it) and it seems to work (it exports the animations, the meshes, etc.), but when I add the resources I get the following result:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15wB7J … 4-Pw5IeJgw

Also, when I play the animation, I got the next bizarre result:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R_Ba5 … EQw_60Sozt

I export the characters from MakeHuman (fully rigged), in Blender I attach a .bvh file to the character. The animation runs perfectly in Blender, but it doesn't work in OpenSpace3D, so I don't know if I am doing something wrong in the process (I already fixed the weight of the model with the "Limit Total" option from the Weight Paint menu; also added all the objects to the same group with the "Add to Group" option; finally, I set the path C:\OgreCommandLineTools\OgreXmlConverter.exe in the addon, as indicated in many tutorials)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KLpSf … Aw3DjxiTRu

So, can someone help me to figure out what I'am doing wrong? I ran out of ideas.
Also, I read in this forum that .fbx files support animations, but when I add these type of files as resources to OpenSpace3D, it doesn't load anything (no mesh, no materials, no animations), so, there is a way to export models and animations from Blender without using blender2ogre addon?
Hope someone can clear my doubts, and many thanks in advance.
Gretings from México!!!

Last edited by Ed231181 (5-Aug-2018 07:39:00)

#2 5-Aug-2018 08:09:46

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: Issue exporting from Blender (using blender2ogre) to OpenSpace3D

Hello,

I cant help with blender stuff, but about the material, it's a missing texture or a wrong texture path.
For fbx or collada you just have to import it using "import mesh" or drag and drop in the 3D view, so il will be converted to ogre directly.

#3 5-Aug-2018 13:25:00

shahbiz8

About animation
check mesh & armature scale.. in blender, press ctrl+A to apply scale mesh & armature

about texture
remove space from folder name

Last edited by shahbiz8 (5-Aug-2018 13:48:22)

#4 7-Aug-2018 00:41:44

Ed231181

Hi, arkeon and shahbiz8, thank you for answering my questions. I'm still having problems with the export process (I still obtain the same results).
Also, when I drag and drop the .dae or .fbx files into the 3D view, the result is a mesh with missing pieces (like clothes, or even hands, arms, etc.), or it doesn't export anything (the import mesh option doesn't function with these files). And the animations are not exported to OpenSpace3D. I tried with blender2ogre again as shahbiz8 suggested, but again, the result is the same (erratic animations, missing textures, sometimes nothing is exported). I thought maybe the .bvh files doesn't work in OS3D, but when I animate by myself the character, I obtain the same (erratic) result.
I tried with 3DS MAX 2019 (trial version) with the Easy Ogre Exporter, but I think that it doesn't support the 2019 version, so it appears that Blender is still my weapon of choice for now. So, there is a way to export .blend files with animations to OS3D or these types of files are not supported? There is another workflow for exporting animated characters to OS3D with blender (without using blender2ogre)? Could be that I'am missing something with the export options in blender?
In adition, I cannot export .blend files to OS3D, it says that the file format is not supported.
Hope someone can help with this issue, because I'm really excited with this amazing software, but I'am feeling a little frustrated.
Thaks again, shahbiz8 and arkeon.

#5 7-Aug-2018 04:57:11

shahbiz8

I have similar problems before,

I forget to apply scale in blender for armature and mesh.
I think it should work if you apply scale armature and mesh in object mode.
If it still don't work, apply rotation / location. Then, re-export file.
Open properties panel (press N), under Transform (drop down menu) you can view location, rotation & scale value.
If you apply scale it set to 1.0, rotation & location set to 0

missing texture because folder name have space.

Other than that I don't know.

Now, I get no problem export using blender2ogre.

Last edited by shahbiz8 (7-Aug-2018 05:24:25)

#6 8-Aug-2018 17:26:31

Ed231181

Thanks again for your help, shahbiz8, but I'm still having the same problems; maybe I made a mistake installing the addon so I will try again from the very beginning. Thanks a lot for your responses.

Board footer