Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 11-Dec-2017 14:35:50

alantom

iOS export

Hi

I have a project done in openspace3d. On exporting to Android everything works fine. However on exporting to iOS the camera view initially is blank. But buttons are visible. However on swiping the screen the camera opens. Further its always in landscape mode in iphone. Android has no such issues. Also I cannot save the picture in iphone using screenshot plugit. Can I get a help in this particular issue.

Regards
Alan

#2 11-Dec-2017 14:38:16

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: iOS export

Hello,

some functions are still missing on IOS.
A new release coming in next days, should resolves the issue for the camera.
When you change the orientation from the Xcode settings is this enough ?

#3 11-Dec-2017 15:49:27

alantom

Hi

When Can i expect a new release

Regards
Alan

#4 11-Dec-2017 16:50:45

arkeon
Website

in the next weeks smile

#5 7-Jun-2018 10:45:12

MCGN

Dear Arkeon,

This is still a problem in openspace3d version 1.50: iOS export won't author in portrait mode even after selecting so in Xcode.

Even when I specify in the project settings of OS3D the correct aspect ratio, it only exports the app in landscape mode, I'm making the correct selection of aspect ratio in Xcode, it is still building and running the iOS app in landscape, stretching the UI completely.

After looking at the dependent UI files they're all labelled as landscape in Xcode and none for portrait mode.

I'm looking for temporary workarounds until the bug is fixed in OS3D, any suggestions, please?

arkeon wrote:

Hello,

some functions are still missing on IOS.
A new release coming in next days, should resolves the issue for the camera.
When you change the orientation from the Xcode settings is this enough ?

#6 11-Jun-2018 08:36:58

arkeon
Website

Hello,

ho yes I forgot about that ^^. It will work for 3D content but UI need some tweak hmm
I'll try to check this soon! Thanks for the report

#7 11-Jun-2018 15:04:15

MCGN

Merci Beaucoup Arkeon!

OS3D is only exporting the landscape mode for iOS. Once portrait mode export is available for iOS from within OS3D I'll be so happy, I have not been able to find a workaround for this problem unless I recode and regenerate the UI in XCODE for iOS, but this makes things complicated each time I make changes in OS3D.

After checking again the problem I can definitely see that OS3D is not generating the portrait UI at all because the only UI Files it generates are all Landscape view UI files.

Thank You for your attention, I eagerly look forward to the fix!

Board footer