Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 12-Nov-2017 20:23:55

praths3009

Developement Aplication For OS3D generated Android Apps

Hi
Is there any way to implement a full scale UI in the android Application that we are building since currently, when we build an application the camera is just starting abruptly for ar capture instance.
If any, can you please suggest any application for development of such apps after building an OS3D android Application.

#2 12-Nov-2017 20:28:12

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: Developement Aplication For OS3D generated Android Apps

hello,

yes you can use picture and button plgits to make an UI and start the arcapture only when needed.

#3 16-Nov-2017 09:24:52

praths3009

Hey Arkeon,

Thanks for your assistance,
As directed I have tried using the buttons and flash interface in oS3D however,
Is there any way that we can code in Android usding SDk or NDK for the development  of an android app,
In one of your discussion I have came across the thought of using NDk could let me know how could we merge the android res folder that is creaated throug OS3D and then built an application that is just not dependent solely on OS3D.

Regards
Praths3009

#4 16-Nov-2017 09:44:31

arkeon
Website

Hello,

Flash or html interfaces are not compatible with Android (windows only).
In next release we will provide more UI plugITs for all platforms.

OS3D is build on Scol that is full C++ and NDK for Android.
There is no Android resources or UI used. We don't even use the Android tools or Android studio to build it.

#5 27-Jan-2018 15:35:17

dadajaypee

so... no hope on implementing flash interface on android??... v1.40?
btw..im having an issue on the latest release v1.40..
when i use the older version v.1.30 everything work fine but upon trying v1.40 only gives me black screen after splash screen..what might be the problem?

#6 27-Jan-2018 17:21:57

arkeon
Website

weird ^^ can you give more infos ?

#7 27-Jan-2018 18:41:24

dadajaypee

i myself really cant explain it..
it just happen that building the apk(even with samples) file on version 1.40 leads me to a black screen that doesn't  happen on version 1.30...(tested it on different android version but same outcome)
note: i am using the portable version of both... does  the issue has something to do on both using 2 version(although i put them on separate file locations), or the issue has something to do with the update for supported android version..
SADLY i need to stay on version 1.30 ..and cant use other functionalities of the updated... i hope everything will be OK soon, looking forward on your responce.

#8 27-Jan-2018 19:48:32

arkeon
Website

Hello, in 1.40 I mostly updated the Ogre engine that could cause your issues hmm
What are the devices you tested ? android version and models ?

#9 28-Jan-2018 01:44:00

dadajaypee

arkeon wrote:

Hello, in 1.40 I mostly updated the Ogre engine that could cause your issues hmm
What are the devices you tested ? android version and models ?

hello... i used an android kitkat, nougat, and lollipop... all i know is i tried one with Samsung, and the other with local phone here in Philippines.. sorry i cant provide you any other details since those devices are'nt mine (i just let my classmate try the app)..
BTW. The said project we are developing is for our undergrad thesis. (i think, if we cant resolve the issue in my case i would probably stick with v1.30.
anyways:  i really appreciate your effort in helping me out:)

#10 10-Feb-2018 02:29:40

pabcal

Hi there Arkeon,

Just to add my two cents at this particular subject. I have the same black screen problem (after splash screen) since update 1.22 – 03/15/2017 and the Scol Android deployer pack from that moment, i have tried on several devices but keeps showing me the same issue. However, version 1.21 – 12/19/2016 with Scol Android deployer pack 1.8.0 - 12/30/2016 worked like a charm, smooth and faster than previous versions when it compiled android apps. But since i updated to 1.22 it all went downhill from then on (for me). Since that time I hoped following updates up to the current version 1.40 – 12/20/2017 could had fixed the problem, but to no avail the black screen persists so far.

Furthermore, a while ago i read (in another post) you mentioned those black screen issues were probably the celphone procedence.  Since you develop OpenSpace3D and its Android pack with portable devices located in France, there's no warranty that the rendered mobile apps will work in another country (ex: Ecuador, my home country). And apparently now it might be the new Ogre engine update another source of issues as well.
Also, I think i remember you mentioned to another user that it might also be the camera capture plugIT setup, but i tried that too with the newest updates and didn't work either. Don't remember the specifics of that procedure at the moment though.

In contrast, at one point I did test a simple custom demo project of mine with the lastest 1.40 editor version (with all the bells and whistles) and installed on top an "old" 1.8.0 - 12/30/2016 Scol Android deployer pack build. As a result, there was no black screen anymore and it did render some 3D object above the detected image marker. However, the whole model or animations dissapeared but only one of the objects in the group with all and its texture, the rest in the object group or attached animations didnt show at all. Afterwards i tried in some other devices with the same results. In other words, my little venture did work (in part)... but doesn't work in a practical way.  My conclusion is that it is something in the Scol Android deployer pack, somewhere, i don't know.

At the bottom is the list of devices i use for testing augmented reality at the moment. All of them show black screen issues with the latest OpenSpace3D editor 1.40 and Android Pack v2.0.

Tablet Alcatel One Touch P310a - 4.2.2 jelly bean
Mobile phone LG Leon 4G LTE- 4.4.2 kitkat
Mobile phone Samsung galaxy 4 mini GT-I9190 - 4.2.2 jelly bean

I will appreciate any assistance in the debugging process. Thank you so much for such massive and amazing work though.

P.D: If you happen to have the version 1.21 – 12/19/2016 of the editor installer, please send it to me because i accidently deleted it sad

Last edited by pabcal (10-Feb-2018 02:35:46)

#11 10-Feb-2018 10:49:12

arkeon
Website

Hello,

do you also use the 1.40 portable version ?
Does it do the same with the installer version ?

Since I don't have any access to this devices, could you install the android sdk.
Then launch the monitor application.
Set your device in developer mode with usb enable.
connect the device to your computer.
Selectect your device in the monitor.
Click the Logcat tab.
Add a filter tag with "OGRE" and an another with "ScolApp"
flush the log.
start the app on the device. and send me the log.

I hope I'll get some infos to find what your device do not support.

Board footer