Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 31-Jan-2012 22:14:35

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
From: Nantes
Registered: 30-Mar-2009
Posts: 3,979
Website

Easy ogre exporter for 3ds Max

Hello !

As usual for our users, we were looking for an easy and free Ogre exporter for 3ds Max, and cannot found any with a good standard material converter nor a simple interface.
Last time that I need to export a simple scene it took me several hours to convert and set materials (and several crash).
So I decided to make my own exporter ^^

The objective for the Easy Ogre Exporter is to be the most simple as possible but with a lots of direct conversions from max scenes, and sure to be free and LGPL
3ds Max users are not developers !!

I started from the code of the FxOgreFxExporter (to get some clues), but since this exporter only manage a single mesh, I rewrote almost every thing
Here the current working state :
- one click export from the Max export menu > Ogre scene
- mesh binary export for each objects in the scene
- standard material conversions with colors, multi textures / uvs, refmap channel, transparency and material options like "double sided" or "wire"
- export the textures files
- skeleton with animations from the main track or from the biped mixer if available
- nodes animations from the main track for each node in the dot scene
- lights and cameras ^^
- automatic unit conversion to meter

What next :
- morph animations
- mesh poses
- small dialog interface for a minimum of setting like the Ogre version for meshs, prefixs, directories, unit scale ..
- mentalray materials (if this is possible, didn't find any docs at this time)
- generated shaders for normal maps or pixel lighting options
- a setup for quick installation

Actual exporter is compiled for max 9 to max 2012 in 32 and 64bits (to Ogre 1.8 only for the moment)

you can get the plugins files here
https://arkeon.dyndns.org/svn-scol/trun … er/output/
chose your max version and copy the dle file in your max plugins directory

Please give me some feed back if you found some mistakes on the materials or animations conversions

If some developers with an experience on the Max SDK want to participate please do
the lack of max SDK documentation give me some headache ^^

Enjoy !

Offline

#2 31-Jan-2012 23:33:29

Nodrev
Scol Language & OS3D developer
From: Nantes, France
Registered: 29-Dec-2009
Posts: 197

Re: Easy ogre exporter for 3ds Max

You did it! awesome big_smile

Offline

#3 17-Apr-2012 17:30:34

dhika11march
Member
From: Indonesia
Registered: 30-Mar-2012
Posts: 223

Re: Easy ogre exporter for 3ds Max

Is there is many tutorial on how to use this exporter?
I am so interested, but maybe I need some guide to get started.
thanks!

Offline

#4 17-Apr-2012 17:52:07

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
From: Nantes
Registered: 30-Mar-2009
Posts: 3,979
Website

Re: Easy ogre exporter for 3ds Max

Offline

#5 24-Dec-2016 03:32:29

3d_mind
Member
Registered: 15-Apr-2016
Posts: 153

Re: Easy ogre exporter for 3ds Max

hello
Why everytime I tried to import a scene from 3ds max using easy ogre exporter the mesh is transferred to parts and also the Animation are transferred to separate parts
How can assemble them into a single Animation ?
mixamo

Last edited by 3d_mind (24-Dec-2016 03:38:42)

Offline

#6 24-Dec-2016 09:39:15

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
From: Nantes
Registered: 30-Mar-2009
Posts: 3,979
Website

Re: Easy ogre exporter for 3ds Max

hello, i think your object in max is already splitted or grouped

it should be all in one mesh

Offline

#7 24-Dec-2016 16:32:32

3d_mind
Member
Registered: 15-Apr-2016
Posts: 153

Re: Easy ogre exporter for 3ds Max

hacker

Unfortunately, if I assemble all the parts in one mesh then I will lose the Rigging  because I've created this model using (mixamo fuse) which separates the model into parts for rigging and animation , there are also many programs do the same work as a iclone
So if there's anyway to keeping rigging and animation after assemble this model in single mesh

Offline

#8 24-Dec-2016 17:23:32

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
From: Nantes
Registered: 30-Mar-2009
Posts: 3,979
Website

Re: Easy ogre exporter for 3ds Max

Yes but some other like the autodesk one (don't remember the name) was able to generate only one rigged mesh.
the default ogre behavior is one mesh with one skeleton.

It's possible in max to save the rigging of each parts, then attach all object and try to load the rigging, I know it don't work often, but this is the only way

but you're right, I'll think about a way to make animations groups to control all the animations in one.
you can achieve this using the "cinematic" part of OS3D but a more simple way should be better

Offline

#9 24-Dec-2016 17:35:20

3d_mind
Member
Registered: 15-Apr-2016
Posts: 153

Re: Easy ogre exporter for 3ds Max

arkeon wrote:

Yes but some other like the autodesk one (don't remember the name) was able to generate only one rigged mesh.
the default ogre behavior is one mesh with one skeleton.

It's possible in max to save the rigging of each parts, then attach all object and try to load the rigging, I know it don't work often, but this is the only way

but you're right, I'll think about a way to make animations groups to control all the animations in one.
you can achieve this using the "cinematic" part of OS3D but a more simple way should be better

great thanks alot

but how i can use  "cinematic"

Offline

#10 24-Dec-2016 18:18:39

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
From: Nantes
Registered: 30-Mar-2009
Posts: 3,979
Website

Re: Easy ogre exporter for 3ds Max

in os3d right click on cinematics and add a new one
then add tracks for each animated object
and add the animations in each track

the cinematic will be managed with animation plugit like one animation

Offline

#11 24-Dec-2016 18:23:54

3d_mind
Member
Registered: 15-Apr-2016
Posts: 153

Re: Easy ogre exporter for 3ds Max

arkeon wrote:

in os3d right click on cinematics and add a new one
then add tracks for each animated object
and add the animations in each track

the cinematic will be managed with animation plugit like one animation

I'll try thanks arkeon

Offline

#12 25-Dec-2016 19:03:39

3d_mind
Member
Registered: 15-Apr-2016
Posts: 153

Re: Easy ogre exporter for 3ds Max

3d_mind wrote:
arkeon wrote:

in os3d right click on cinematics and add a new one
then add tracks for each animated object
and add the animations in each track

the cinematic will be managed with animation plugit like one animation

I'll try thanks arkeon

yes.......perfect

thanks again Arkeon


Flash required


but how to export multi animations from 3ds max by using skeleton animation

Offline

#13 3-Jan-2017 06:30:29

3d_mind
Member
Registered: 15-Apr-2016
Posts: 153

Re: Easy ogre exporter for 3ds Max

3d_mind wrote:
3d_mind wrote:
arkeon wrote:

in os3d right click on cinematics and add a new one
then add tracks for each animated object
and add the animations in each track

the cinematic will be managed with animation plugit like one animation

I'll try thanks arkeon

yes.......perfect

thanks again Arkeon


Flash required


but how to export multi animations from 3ds max by using skeleton animation

any response

Offline

#14 3-Jan-2017 09:15:06

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
From: Nantes
Registered: 30-Mar-2009
Posts: 3,979
Website

Re: Easy ogre exporter for 3ds Max

you can use time tags to export animations with names or biped mixer to add several .bip animations.
see in FAQ :
http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Easy+Ogre+Exporter

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB